Articles on this Page
- 11/19/13--15:41: _New songbird Alex t...
- 11/19/13--16:11: _MonaSinging, female...
- 11/21/13--18:10: _Blantyre hosts urba...
- 11/22/13--05:00: _Gospel of Armstrong...
- 11/22/13--13:24: _Tay Grin named DStv...
- 11/25/13--12:01: _Mabilinganya Empire...
- 11/26/13--15:20: _Codi – girl behind ...
- 11/26/13--15:35: _Malawian singer to ...
- 11/27/13--13:28: _Phiri’s ‘Bitter Tal...
- 11/27/13--14:22: _Malawi Night, Searc...
- 11/29/13--06:16: _Maskal to release n...
- 11/29/13--06:18: _Skeffa set to unvei...
- 12/02/13--09:12: _Sunbird Search for ...
- 12/02/13--15:13: _Armstrong now calle...
- 12/01/13--11:20: _Miss Blantyre beaut...
- 12/05/13--18:49: _Maskal, Pop Dogg UK...
- 12/06/13--20:15: _Poly student wins M...
- 12/07/13--15:11: _Polytechnic Catholi...
- 12/08/13--16:59: _Mzuzu’s Lady Pace s...
- 12/09/13--16:42: _Mr World Malawi sla...
- 11/19/13--15:41: New songbird Alex to release ‘Black kiss’ album
- 11/19/13--16:11: MonaSinging, female singer carrying Malawian flag in diaspora
- 11/22/13--13:24: Tay Grin named DStv Malawi ambassador
- 11/25/13--12:01: Mabilinganya Empire to publish Mafunyeta’s biography
- 11/26/13--15:20: Codi – girl behind theme song on Malawi mini olympic games
- 11/26/13--15:35: Malawian singer to feature on Baaba Maal album: Esau Mwamwaya
- 11/27/13--13:28: Phiri’s ‘Bitter Tales’ wins Dede Kamkondo poetry contest
- 11/27/13--14:22: Malawi Night, Search for a Star contestants perform with live band
- 11/29/13--06:16: Maskal to release new single at Birmingham show
- 11/29/13--06:18: Skeffa set to unveil album with ‘Chinamuluma Chakuda’ in it
- 12/02/13--09:12: Sunbird Search for a Star finalists selected
- 12/02/13--15:13: Armstrong now called Onesimus, named by Prophet Bushiri
- 12/01/13--11:20: Miss Blantyre beauty pageant Friday at Malawi Sun Hotel
- 12/06/13--20:15: Poly student wins Miss Blantyre 2013: Nerani Nthara
- 12/07/13--15:11: Polytechnic Catholic Students Choir launches DVD Sunday
- 12/08/13--16:59: Mzuzu’s Lady Pace signs to Trap Entertainment
- 12/09/13--16:42: Mr World Malawi slated for December 27
As youthful ladies continue flooding the secular urban music circles, the latest to join the ranks in a male dominated arena is an artist known by stage name Alex. Alex, who declines to give her real name, is a Lilongwe based contemporary singer who has just stormed the male dominated sphere, releasing a four track […]
Born Monalisa Ndovie in Malawi’s capital city Lilongwe, MonaSinging is a performing artist who was raised in Lansing, Michigan U.S.A, but currently based in Alberta, Canada. Having been singing since age seven, music is a passion for the singer-songwriter and dancer who adored music since she heard it, and wants to share hers with the […]
Some of the country’s top urban gospel musicians will this Friday night converge at Comesa Hall in Blantyre where they are billed to perform at an event dubbed “Urban Gospel Music Party – UGMP”. This is a contemporary gospel music show organized by Jew Chapomba, a Malawian gospel musician popularly known as Jucha. Son to […]
Self-proclaimed born-again musician, Armstrong Kalua, has revealed that his upcoming album will feature world’s top gospel artists Kirk Franklin, Hillsong, Jesus Culture and Sipho Makhabane. He announced this on his Facebook page before confirming in an interview with Nyasa Times on Thursday. Armstrong also disclosed that the much anticipated album will be titled ‘Worship Core’. […]
Malawian hip-hop artist Tay Grin has landed himself a new job with the country’s digital satellite television (DStv) provider, MultiChoice Malawi as brand ambassador for the new Explora PVR decoder. The announcement was made Thursday night as MultiChoice Malawi unveiled the HD decoder in the commercial city Blantyre. The contract will initially run for a […]
Mabilinganya Empire, an urban music outfit to which fallen musician Patrick Magalasi popularly known as Mafunyeta belonged, has said it will soon start documenting the life of their departed colleague and publish a book. One of the outfit’s members Madalitso Kabula aka Mady P told Nyasa Times that Mafunyeta was an icon in the country’s music […]
Chikondi Suleman, a 30-year-old new music icon had an opportunity of a life time when she was chosen to compose and perform a mini olympic games’ theme song. The song ‘Njanji’ was performed at the official opening ceremony and it was played throughout the Olympic Games competition at Civo Stadium and Kamuzu Institute for Sports […]
Malawian singer Esau Mwamwaya continues to create quiet ripples around in the music world. The musician, who is one half of the Malawian/Swedish duo The Very Best, is a crowd favourite on international festivals having toured Europe, America and Asia over the past year. The Very Best is a collaboration between London-based DJ and producer Johan […]
A 33 year-old Blantyre based marketer-cum-budding poet Paul Sezzie Phiri has emerged winner in the Dede Kamkondo Poetry Contest – beating 37 other Malawian entrants who entered the contest with his poem Bitter Tales, organisers have told Nyasa Times. Phiri’s poem was selected as the most creative poem by celebrated internationally renowned youthful Malawian writers Stanley Kenani and […]
The tides continue getting high for contestants in the on-going Sunbird Search for a Star as they are now required to perform using live band during fourth eviction show this weekend in Blantyre. Unlike the usual performances in which the contestants use recorded instruments, this time around, they have to prove their mantle using live […]
Malawi’s Afro-R&B singer Maskal left the country Thursday evening for the United Kingdom where he is billed to perform starting on Saturday. Initially, the Blantyre-based musician was supposed to leave Wednesday but his flight was changed to Thursday. Maskal, aka SingJay, is scheduled to have first shos in Birmingham this Saturday, November 30 and the […]
Lilongwe-based musician Skeffa Chimoto’s much anticipated album titled ‘Chikondi’ is finally set for release. The artist who has rocked the country’s airwaves with the hit singles ‘Chinamuluma Chakuda’ and ‘Dalitsani Okondwedwa’ will officially launch his latest offing this weekend. He has lined up three launch shows, kick-starting with Zomba where he will be performing Friday […]
Saturday night was a moment of joy and tears for contestants in the Sunbird Search of a Star. Tears of witnessing missed opportunity to make into final stage, and colleagues leaping into joyous celebration. But that’s what every game is all about-one has to lose. Four contestants were chopped from the show, which was dubbed […]
Malawian musician Armstrong Kalua has announced that he has changed his stage name to Onesimus. This comes after the singer, born Sopani Armstrong Kalua switched from Afro-R&B music to gospel music as he turned ‘born-again’ few months ago. “I have changed my stage name to “Onesimus” effect from today,” the musician made the announcement Monday […]
The Miss Blantyre Beauty Pageant returns this Friday night at Malawi Sun Hotel where 12 contestants from the commercial capital are expected to compete for the crown. Confirming the news to Nyasa Times, Kelvin Sulugwe, Communications and Public Relations Manager for the RedRose who are the organizers of the event, said all is set for […]
Malawi’s Afro-R&B singer, Maskal, and Ireland-based hip-hop artist Pop Dogg, have extended their UK tour with additional Nottingham and Manchester shows in England before moving to Scotland. The artists, who opened their tour with a show in Birmingham last weekend, were supposed to have their final performance in Glasgow this Saturday, but due to “public […]
Nerani Nthara, a student at the Polytechnic, was crowned the new Miss Blantyre on Friday night at a beauty pageant held at Malawi Sun Hotel. There were ten models that were competing for the Miss Blantyre title and Nerani came top to take over the crown from the outgoing queen Malika Chitanda. The models paraded […]
All is set for the launch of Polytechnic Catholic Students Choir’s first ever DVD Tipembedze Mulungu this Sunday afternoon at St Pius Catholic Church hall in Blantyre. The choir’s coordinator, Trevoir Dambe, told Nyasa Times in an interview they were geared up to mesmerize Blantyre gospel music goers with a rewarding performance. “We are set for our long […]
Mzuzu-based up-and-coming female rapper Lady Pace will partially become a Blantyre resident as she has signed a recording deal with the commercial city’s Trap Entertainment. Lady Pace, real name Mwayi Mphande, will be under the stable’s management for a period of two years, according to the contract, which is subject to renewal. The 21-year-old femcee, […]
The inaugural Mr World Malawi is set for 27th December at Capital Hotel in Lilongwe, organizers have disclosed. This is an event aimed at crowning Mr Malawi, who will represent the country at next year’s Mr World slated for June in China. According to organizers, Artistic Agency and Theophilus Fashion, there are fifteen models that […]